Know before you go... When evaluating an association it is always wise to have an understanding of the rules, requirements and possible undisclosed fees (until you arrive).
We do NOT charge any extra hidden
fees such as: Overnight stays, tying out horses, judges fees, secretary fees, additional stock charges, and/or admin charges. We do NOT require contestants to sell end of year ads.
WE WILL CONTINUE WITH DOING
BACK TO BACK MUTTON BUSTING, BULLS AND TEAM ROPING ON SATURDAYS EACH MONTH. THIS WILL HELP FAMLIES GET HOME EARLIER ON SUNDAYS.
Arena Address: 125 Roberts Rd 198, Quitman, Ga. 31643
Our set up is pretty simples...
1. Membership - $100 for individuals, $150 for familes of 2 or more. The membership fee goes towards the cost of the finalist belt buckle for members who qualify for finals. Our retail cost for buckles in 2020 was over $20,000.
2. Grounds fee
- $10 per rodeo per family – This helps pay for the cost of the lights and restroom rentals. $20 per weekend per family. If you are entering in a Back to Back event then you will still be responsble for the $20 weekend grounds fee.
Permit - This is for non-members ONLY and is $10 per rodeo/per rider.
4. Payback - Yes; we pay out a portion of entry fees to all division except ribbon and special needs. We do have ribbons available at the concession stand.
Stock Fees - We do not add any additional stock fee to the entry fees.
6. Entry Fees - $5 for ribbon and special needs. Jr, Sr, and HS entry fees are $15
7. End of Year Ads - We do not have the members sell ads.
8. Raffle tickets
– Yes; There will be one required fundraiser. The requirement is $125 for individuals and $50 for each additional child; max $225 per family. The tickets will be issued to each family at the 1st rodeo and the drawing will
be held at the Sunday Rodeo in Dec.
We always have at least 3 items on the raffle tickets that are of exceptional value. So, tickets are generally easy to sale.
9. Attendance Requirements – You must attend 62.5% of the
rodeos to be eligible for finals.
10. Attendance Requirement dates – August – March (So from Aug to Mar you must attend 10 out of 16 rodeos)
11. Event Requirements – Yes; you must compete in at least 50% of the total rodeos
in an event to qualify for finals in that event.
12. What happens to April Rodeo? – This rodeo counts towards points but not towards attendance eligibility for finals.
13. Why does April not count? Awards have to be ordered
at least six weeks in advanced. If we wait until April to determine what members qualify we will either have to order awards that are not needed or run the risk of awards not arriving.
14. Finals- You must compete at the finals to recieve
awards. All qualifying contestants will recieve a belt buckle and assorted finalist awards (Tshirts, etc...).
15. What is western attire? This is a rodeo style hat, long sleeves, jeans, and boots. Western Attire is required
to be worn by contestants while in the arena. Failure to be in Western Attire will result in a NO time.
16. Rain dates: All our regularly scheduled rodeos are the 2nd weekend of the month. Should a rodeo be rained out we will utilize
the 4th weekend as the make up date.